Monday, July 8, 2013

On The Move Again

My annual family reunion on Colome South Dakota ended yesterday, Sunday, and we have moved to Rapid City, South Dakota.  The reunion was wonderful, as it always is.  There were five generations at the reunion.  My Aunt Rita was there, as was her daughter, Connie; Connie’s daughter Sandy; Sandy’s daughter Sammie; and Sammie’s two daughter’s.  I wish I could have taken a picture, but I missed the opportunity.

Among all the other activities, we had a great fireworks show put together by Merle and Damon Pochup, along with other family members helping out.  One of my brothers showed up in a new (to him) motorhome he bought on the spur of the moment in Rapid City.  So there were three of us brothers on site, set up in two motor homes and us in our Alpenlite.  Here are some pictures from the weekend:

IMG_6982

Friday morning sunrise.

IMG_6989

Family names on banners on the barn.

IMG_6990

The little ones, and some older ones, had a great time on this.

IMG_7006

It is hard to get photos of fireworks.

IMG_7028

The RV’s of the three brothers.

IMG_7032

Me with my Aunt Rita, 91 years young and family matriarch.

IMG_7038

A pretty young girl with a cute pooch.

Sunday we pulled to the Teepee Campground in Rapid City, SD.  We got together for a nice shrimp dinner with my brothers Ron and Roger, and their wives at Ron’s home here in Rapid City.  Stopped at Safeway on the way home for food and fuel.  This morning we are headed out for Buffalo, WY, on our way to Idaho Falls, ID.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: