Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Idaho Heat!

Yes Martha it is hot in Idaho.  Even a little humid for this part of the country.  I really like the guy who invented air conditioning.

It has been about 10 days from my last writing.  My excuses are that we have been really busy and that I am getting a little lazy about my writing commitment.  After leaving Rapid City, we spent one night in Buffalo, WY and one night in Columbus, MT.  Rosie calls these overnights “One Night Stands” and says she does not like them.  We pulled into the Snake River RV Park in Idaho Falls on Wednesday afternoon and set up in our favorite site.  Our friends, Brian and Teresa Morris have been here for a week and greeted us warmly.

Thursday evening we went to our local social gathering at Drinking Liberally (yep, we are liberals) and re-connected with a lot of old friends.  Friday we both had appointments with our Ophthalmologist.   I learned the cataract in my left eye is not bad enough for Medicare to pay for the surgery.  We both got new prescriptions.  Rosie will get prescription reading glasses for the first time in her life at almost 73 years young.  I will get prescription sunglasses since my eyes haven’t changed much and my current glasses will be just fine.  In the evening, we were guests for dinner at Brian and Teresa’s campsite.  Saturday we picked up fresh veggies and fresh farm eggs at the local farmer’s market, then stopped by to visit with our old friends, Joe and Ann Hayes.   They have two new little pooches, a Dachshund and a Chihuahua, both adorable.  Sunday it was off to church (Unitarian Universalist).  It was good to see all of our fellow parishioners after almost a year.  Monday was blood work after 12 hours of fasting (I hate that).  My INR (blood thickness) was normal after being a little too thin on the last 2 tests.  Tuesday I was off to Jackson Hole, Wyoming for a couple of inspections.  One of them was on a guest ranch that gets $13,500 for a week for 2 persons in a cabin with meals included, plus some guided hiking, trail rides and skeet shooting.  Wow!  Today Rosie went back to the Ophthalmologist to check on the improvement in one eye from excessive tearing (the moisture kind, not the ripping up kind).

It has been busy.  Nothing new to take pictures of so far.

Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Big Dude said...

I'd been thinking of spending the hot southern months next year in the MT mountains or the Pacific NW, but since it's been around 90 in Kalispell, MT and the Williamette Valley, I may have to consider Yellowknife, Canada:-)