Saturday, July 27, 2013

Time Flies!

Another 10 days have slipped by since my last post.  We have been seeing our doctor and our pooches veterinarians for annual checkups.  Rosie was experiencing increased symptoms of Hyperthyroidism and the blood workup showed higher than normal thyroid levels.  Her medication dose has been adjusted and she is feeling better already.  I had a Cardioversion procedure for my A-Fib.  This procedure involves being knocked out for a few minutes and having an electrical shock applied to your heart to put it back in normal rhythm.  It was explained to me that this works 100% of the time; the question is “for how long”.  That answer can vary from a few minutes to a lifetime.  I am not sure if mine lasted for the last 2 days or not.  I have a follow up on August 8th and we shall see.  I am feeling, to use a medical term, “less crappy” than I was feeling.

We have also been out to eat with friends, visiting with friends, going to the Farmers Market for fresh produce and farm fresh eggs (what a treat they are), and various other contacts with local friends.   Some time ago, I decided to give up fishing.  I haven’t gone fishing for over a year and have simply lost interest in the sport.  So I have sold my Sea Eagle inflatable boat, an 8’ Fisherman’s Special, along with a lot of fishing tackle.  Still have a some tackle left.  Anything not sold will be donated to our church for their annual auction fundraiser in late August.

Rosie thought it would be nice if I would post some pictures of the “falls” of Idaho Falls, here they are:

 

04-06-07

Love how the waterfowl stand on the edge of the falls.

Idaho Falls on the 4th of July 012

The white building in the background is the Idaho Falls Mormon Temple.

04-06-03

Another view of the falls.

IMG_1859

This is a water feature sculpture in a traffic circle about a mile from the falls.

04-06-04

A close-up of a Canadian goose on the edge of the falls.

The weather is cooling down.  We had a nice rain this afternoon.  Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Barb said...

I'm glad you are both feeling better, and I hope your procedure lasts a lifetime!

Love the shot of the birds sitting on the ledge of the falls. That would really cool them down on a hot day. :)