Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Campground Review–Chadron State Park

This is one of our favorite campgrounds.  We have been here 2 times in the past on the way to the family reunion.  This is a Nebraska State Park with large, level, paved sites and 30 amp electricity.  There is a dump station with a fresh water fill.  There is a good variety of trees in the hillsides and meadows.  The Park mows a wide swath through several areas of the tall grass to make hiking trails.  There are flush toilets and hot showers included in the rate of $18 a night plus a $5 per day entrance fee with the choice of a $25 annual fee.  So any stay over five nights costs $25 for an annual parks pass, which can be used in other Nebraska State Parks and/or Recreation Areas.  Here are some pictures:

IMG_4284

IMG_4273

IMG_6966

IMG_6969

IMG_6971

IMG_6974

We arrived on Saturday and got all settled in.  Sunday was a Wal-Mart and Safeway run. Monday was a Laundromat visit and propane refill as well as topping off the diesel in the truck at $3.84 per gallon.  I have spent most of everyday writing reports from my insurance inspection work in Colorado.  I hope to polish off the last report tomorrow so I can rest and recuperate at the family reunion from Thursday to Sunday.

My health seems to be improving slightly every day.  My blood pressure is down to a good level and I am in A-Fib less and less.  The medications seem to be working better since my Primary Care Physician in Conifer Colorado adjusted my medications.  I seem to have a little more energy, but there are no marathons in my future.

Here are the numbers for June:

Camping – $808.00  ($26.93per night) (higher than I like)
Diesel Fuel when pulling – $115.00
Truck Service/Repairs – $893.76(Engine Repairs and Oil Change; includes one day car rental)
RV  Repairs/Service – $0.00
Generator Gas/Propane - $0.00

Metered Electricity – $0.00

Satellite TV/Radio – $81.65
Campground Pet Fees – $0.00
Laundry – $15.00

Total = $1,913.41

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: