Saturday, April 12, 2014

Time Flies!

Wow!  A whole week has gone by since I last wrote.  I swear the roller coaster of life is speeding faster and faster.

We had four campsites filled over the past weekend.  During the week we had one or two more wander in.  The daytime weather is so nice that folks are out looking to get in that first camping trip of the season.  Tuesday we ventured down to Hood River to do laundry at the EconoWash and shop at Wal-Mart (not a supercenter) and Safeway.  Had lunch at Ixtapia Mexican Food near the laundromat.  I noticed a new BBQ joint in the the shopping center and we agreed we needed to give that one a try on  a future laundry run.

Rosie is continuing her quest to clean out all the tent sites.  What a trooper she is.  I have helped her a little bit, but she is taking on the challenge mostly on her own.  I completed painting the new rail in front of the host site.  The county agreed to put it in last year to “discourage” folks from coming and knocking on our door at all hours.  Our fellow host, Jim Schrankel, is working on some wood signs that say “Off Duty” that we can hang under the Camp Host signs when we are away or don’t want to be disturbed.  The day use area is getting a lot of use.  There are families playing games and using the playground almost every day.  We went to the local library on Monday and checked out some books.  I am also reading books on my Samsung Tablet that I can “borrow” from the Santa Paula, CA digital library.  Ain’t technology wonderful.

I have been having a small campfire almost every night.  In the past, I was not so much into the campfire thing, but now I am more inclined to light one up.  Maybe I am getting a little “confined” in the camper and need an excuse to spend more time outside.  It also lets me be readily available to help campers check in or simply answer questions.

We took the camera along on Friday when we went into Parkdale to get a broasted chicken for dinner.  Took a couple of pictures including our first of Mt. Hood this season, another of some trees that are blossoming and Rosie took a picture of a piece of art work on the lawn of a local museum depicting a little girl petting a horse.

IMG_7419

IMG_7420

IMG_7421

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: