Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Update time.

It has been awhile since I wrote anything.  That is because not much is happening yet.  I would say we are “hibernating” here in the Idaho winter, but the fact is that it is 42 degrees today and there is almost no snow on the ground.  Very little snow and/or cold weather in the 8 day forecast either.  This is not really hibernating weather.  Global Warming maybe?Just kidding

Got over to the rig yesterday and Tim (my new RV repair shop friend) measured the camper for new carpet.  I need to get a remnant 12’ wide and 33’ long, plus the same amount of high density padding.  Rosie and I will do some shopping over the next couple of weeks and we plan to get started on the recarpeting project in March.  I will post before, during and after pictures of the carpet project.  I also gave Tim some data on 2 Xantrax 600 watt inverters and a 125 watt solar panel I found on the internet.  I already have a smaller solar panel a long time friend gave to me years ago and we will include that in the project.  I also purchased a  XM Satellite radio and installed it in the truck.  Now all I have to do is get another car docking kit and install it in the RV and we will have satellite radio on the road and in the rig.

A friend who is a Realtor is coming over tomorrow to talk about listing the house, so that aspect of the plan will be taking shape.  We have packed up most of the personal collections, photo albums, and other memorabilia and stacked it in the basement.  A 5’ by 5’ storage space is going to be more than adequate for all that stuff.  We still have a couple of large paintings we want to keep so I will need to find some “mirror boxes” for them.

Trying to you informed of our progress.

3 comments:

Russ Krecklow said...

Hope your weather continue to warm. Here in Oregon it wasn't too bad today, so we actually got the dogs out for a little walk about this evening. Donna posted some great sunset pictures on the blog.

Jim Sathe said...

Good to hear from you. We plan to spend some time on the Oregon Coast this fall before heading south to So. Cal. for the winter. Do you have any suggestions for boondocking or low cost camping around Florence, OR.

Merikay said...

I'm looking forward to reading about your adventures in the next year. Wish we were closer to putting our house on the market!